Format & Call Letters
Real Talk/News Talk - WLRT AM
REAL TALK 1250 AM is Lexington’s Real Talk Station.
WLRT REAL TALK 1250 AM delivers real talk from the nations’ talk leaders, providing clear and well-thought out positions on issues being discussed across the country.Intelligent talk and no rhetoric.
More Adults Listen To News Talk Radio 6am-7pm Than Any Other Radio Format!
REAL TALK 1250 AM is targeted to reach Affluent Men 35+ with high earning power in their prime spending years.
- The News Talk Format is the No.1 format in weekday mornings across America.
- The News Talk Format dominates adults aged 35 + and is #1 with 55+ plus listeners.
- The News Talk Format has some of the most educated and affluent listeners.
- The News Talk Format has an equal balance of listeners at home & away.
- The News Talk Format is the 2nd most listened to format in the 25-64 demo.
Research has shown that News Talk Radio is over 3 times more effective in general advertising results than music stations, making it a must buy for advertisers wanting to increase business.
REAL TALK 1250 AM talk is a very effective way to reach new customers with a high disposable income.
REAL TALK 1250 AM targets listeners in their prime spending years.
Age Profile: REAL TALK 1250 AM targets the affluent 35 to 64 demographic.
- Adults 18-34: 15%
- Adults 35-54: 35%
- Adults 55-64: 25%
- Adults 65+ : 25%
Gender Profile: Approximately 70% of REAL TALK 1250 AM 's listeners are males, 30% are females. 70% of this consumer group falls significantly into the important 25-64 age group.
Marital Status: Over 70% of REAL TALK 1250 AM listeners are married or engaged.
Occupation Profile: REAL TALK 1250 AM targets individuals who are employed fulltime in a variety of occupations including: owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical.
Education Profile: The News/Talk Format attracts listeners that are some of the most educated of all listeners to radio.
- 56% Completed College or more.
- 18% Have completed some college.
- 22% Completed high school.
- 74% of REAL TALK 1250 AM listeners have attended college.
Activities: REAL TALK 1250 AM attracts listeners who are very active participating in exercise and fitness, biking, golfing, gardening, and hiking. REAL TALK 1250 AM listeners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bars and restaurants.
REAL TALK 1250 AM listeners are a demographically appealing group that includes high income earners and is a very effective way to reach new customers.
Market Your business to thousands of potential customers each week with REAL TALK 1250 AM .
REAL TALK 1250 AM Listeners Have Spending Power!
High Disposable Income: Approximately 65% of REAL TALK 1250 AM listeners have a household income between $50,000 to $75,000+
The News/Talk format targets listeners with high earning power in America.
- Over 40% of news/talk listeners across America have an income over $75,000.
- Over 24% of news/talk listeners across America have an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- Over 23% of news/talk listeners across America have an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
REAL TALK 1250 AM News/Talk is one of the most powerful performing formats for advertisers today!
Consumer Spending And Investment Profile
REAL TALK 1250 AM 's News/Talk/Sports Radio format attracts consumers that spend heavily in the following categories in the past year.
Many of REAL TALK 1250 AM listeners:
- Purchased books in the past year.
- Purchased garden supplies in the past year.
- Purchased flowers as a gift in the past year.
- Purchased men's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased men's shoes in the past year.
- Purchased women's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased fine jewelry in the past year.
- Purchased children's clothing in the past year.
- Purchased wine and beer in the past year.
- Purchased goods online on the Internet in the past year.
- Purchased small appliances in the past year.
- Purchased a vehicle in the past two years.
Investments: REAL TALK 1250 AM targets listeners who have high incomes, are home owners, and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, and investment real estate.
REAL TALK 1250 AM targets listeners with retail purchasing power.
REAL TALK 1250 AM listeners in the past year:
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smart phones, MP3 players, and HDTV's.
- Were big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoyed going out to fine restaurants often every month. Over 80% went out in the past month.
REAL TALK 1250 AM listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
REAL TALK 1250 AM Listeners Have Spending Power!
REAL TALK 1250 AM targets home owners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: REAL TALK 1250 AM listeners spend heavily in these areas.
- Interior painting/wall paper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home project(s)
Over 50% spent more than $5000-$10,000 on home improvements and renovation in the past two years.
REAL TALK 1250 AM targets listeners with large retail purchasing power.
REAL TALK 1250 AM Is Built For Advertisers
Talk is radio' s most-listened-to format, capturing a 16.9% share of radio listening among all listeners, age 12 and older.
Talk radio is foreground radio. Unlike music radio, talk radio commands attention. Talk radio listeners aren't just button-pushers who stop pushing buttons when they hear a song they like. They're LISTENING, closely.
Talk radio is the best environment for an advertising message. Because Talk Radio is the spoken word, commercials don't interrupt programming the way they halt music Radio. In music Radio, the most common point of tune-out is when a commercial begins. Yet Talk listeners regard commercials as informative.
Talk radio is a resource. Because listeners use it for news, weather, sports scores, and business news, listeners find talk radio informative. They BELIEVE what they hear.
Talk radio listeners are more involved. Because they're paying attention, and bonding with on-air personalities, they're more likely to respond to advertising messages.
REAL TALK 1250 AM is unique from other radio formats. Due to the nature of this format, people listen to REAL TALK 1250 AM differently.
REAL TALK 1250 AM is a high impact foreground listening medium. We cater to affluent, fast-paced professionals who love to hear the latest news, sports, weather events and stories.
REAL TALK 1250 AM listeners are actively listening to get the information they want. Your commercial message cuts through and gets heard on REAL TALK 1250 AM .
REAL TALK 1250 AM is built for advertisers. We deliver an affluent audience that can't be reached by any other radio station making REAL TALK 1250 AM a great investment to help you get more customers.
The REAL TALK 1250 AM News Talk format is one of the strongest radio formats in USA today!
The REAL TALK 1250 AM Line-up Monday To Friday
REAL TALK 1250 AM features some of the most highly rated talk programming in America.
Rick and Bubba 6 - 9 am
Laura Ingraham 9 am - Noon
Sam Sorbo Noon - 2 pm
Dave Ramsey 2 pm - 5 pm
Sports Talk 5 pm - 6 pm
Jerry Doyle 6 - 9 pm
The REAL TALK 1250 AM sales team can help you make the right marketing decisions to grow your business and reach thousands of potential new customers each week.
REAL TALK 1250 AM Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here